Monday, May 2, 2011

about me!



I am a passionate, well trained, analytical theatre artist. Although, I really prefer to think of myself as a storyteller.  I believe in the power of storytelling, and that theatre has the power to impact a culture by revealing truth. To broaden my range of experience within theatre I have pursued not only acting, but directorial opportunities as well. I have had the pleasure to work as a director on various projects, and have also enjoyed working as a dramaturge which has enabled me to refine my analytical skills for when I examine a script. To me, discovering connections from real life to the world of the play can only enhance an audience’s interpretation and enjoyment of a story. 


In addition to theatre, I enjoy baking (my chocolate mocha cake is to die for!), photography, spending time with my family (nothing beats football in the rain with my dad!), new places, writing (just completed a manuscript for a children's book!),  reading, gardening, hiking, yoga, and working for causes I believe in.  (plug for my favorite cause! www.thon.org)  

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate mocha cake is awesome!
    Ariela is a powerful dramatic actress (Who's Afraid of
    Virginia Wolff) and an engaging comedy actress (A Funny
    Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum). Catch her if you can!

    ReplyDelete